Education is the stepping stone for a better future and a happier world.
In the past couple of years, the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted everything, from the livelihoods of people to the education of children. By the end of March 2020, the pandemic had spread across the country, resulting in the closure of schools, colleges, and universities. Nearly 1.5 million schools in India were shut down. While many schools adopted digital learning, it was not possible for every school, especially the ones in remote areas, to switch to digital learning in such a short time.
Third-party applications made things complicated
- During the pandemic, many third-party apps like Google Meet and Zoom were used by several schools in India to conduct online classes for learners.
- Of course, the third-party apps helped students continue their learning in difficult times such as the pandemic, but they had their own set of disadvantages.
- For the online class in third-party applications, teachers had to send the online class link that was going to be held each day to students.
- Every time, teachers would have to list the name of the topic that was going to be taught, subject, and duration of the class.
- This made things quite tedious and time-consuming for teachers.
- Involvement in repetitive activities like sending links to students with the updated details about the class meant less focus on core activities like planning for the class and designing content for the learners.
- Also, parents had a tough time logging in to the meeting everyday through a Meeting ID and Passcode.
- Many third-party apps were prone to technical issues as well, which meant disruption of audio, video, or both.
- The third-party apps needed to be downloaded and installed, either on the smartphone or laptop.
- Most of the third-party apps were heavy and occupied a major portion of the memory.
- An older version of the app was required to be updated in order to use it.
Live Class feature – A perfect solution for school children, parents, and teachers
- In order to overcome the drawbacks of third-party applications, Classon School ERP came up with the feature of ‘Live Class’ in its application.
- The Live Class feature helped teachers to manage the classroom in a simple and effective way.
- Live Class could go live anywhere, anytime, and is compatible with any device, smartphone, laptop, and computer.
- Using the Live Class option, teachers can manage the classroom through online teaching, and teach the students more efficiently through screen share and whiteboard.
- Live Class also has the push notification option, in which parents and students who have the app on their phone get instant notifications about the class that is going to be held and the duration of the class as well.
- Once registered, there is no need to enter a student’s name every time.
- Live Class also has automated attendance.
- Teachers can share tests and homework with the students as well.
- From easy communication, 100 % data security and confidentiality, and saving time, the Live Class feature presents a lot of benefits to schools, teachers, and parents.
The Classon School ERP is MADE IN INDIA, and is presently being used by 500+ schools across India.