Last Updated - Janurary 29, 2021
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
- “Consent” means a freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous agreement to the processing of personal data;
- “Data controller” means the entity that determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data;
- “Data processor” means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the data controller;
- “Personal data” means any information relating to a natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by using such information (e.g., name, address, email, phone number, and IP address); and
- “Processing” means the use of personal data in any manner, including, but not limited to, collection, storage, erasure, transfer, and disclosure of personal data.
- “you” is a reference to any person, including a natural person, a company, a organization, a body corporate, an association, a joint venture, a partnership, a trust, who visit and/or use Class On App websites or social media pages, attendees at Class On App events, customers and prospective customers and their representatives, suppliers and channel partners and their representatives and Class On App’s employees;
2. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECTS ABOUT YOU
Class On App may collect information directly from you, including:
- Your name, physical address, email address, uid, telephone numbers and/or your identification number and, in the case of a natural person, your company’s name, your company’s identification number, your job title, your business telephone number and/or email address, such as when you submit an enquiry to Class On App, when you contract with Class On App for our services or when you create an online account or profile to access Class On App services;
- Your payment information if you purchase or subscribe for Class On App products and services that or if Class On App needs to process a payment to you. We might collect your billing name, billing address and payment method when you make a purchase on our website. We NEVER collect your credit card number or credit card expiry date or other details pertaining to your credit card on our website.
- We collect information you post in a public space on our website or on a third-party social media site belonging to Class On App.
- Your financial information for vetting purposes if you apply to become a channel partner and, if you are a channel partner, for purposes of assessing your performance and determining your grading and benefits;
- Your logo for display on Class On App websites as recognition of the relationship that exists between you and Class On App, whether as a customer, a channel partner or a supplier;
- The passwords and log-in details that you have created to access your account with Class On App in respect of the Class On App offerings; and/or
- Class On App may also collect other information through your interaction with and use of
Class On App offerings, including:
- Internet Protocol address (“IP address”) and information derived from your IP address, such as your geographic location, your company or when you access Class On App websites;
- Information about the device that you use to access Class On App websites, such as device type and version, mobile device identifier, browser type, operating system, the presence or use of applications or information about your preferred language;
- from our third party joint initiative partners;
- Publicly available from sources such as social media websites; and
- From third parties that provide us with marketing leads.
3. WE COLLECT INFORMATION IN DIFFERENT WAYS
Class On App, its affiliates and its third party service providers may collect information from a variety of sources including:
We collect information directly from you
We collect information directly from you when you make a purchase on Class On App, register for an event or subscribe to free trial period. We also collect information if you post a comment on our websites or ask us a question through phone or email. When you provide the information to Class On App or its third party service providers either directly or through Class On App websites;
We collect information from you passively
We may use other tracking tools like Google, web analytics, Linkedin, browser cookies or other external websites for collecting information about your usage of our products and services.
We get information about you from third parties
For example, if you use an integrated social media feature on our website. The third-party social media site will give us certain information about you. This could include your name and email address. other data you may have made publicly available, such as social media posts or when you ‘like’ Class On App, share content or follow Class On App on Twitter or data provided by third party sources, such as professional networking sites or information service provider.
4. PERSONAL INFORMATION
We comply with data minimization principles and collect only a minimal amount of personal data that is necessary to ensure your proper use of Class On App and their services.
- To communicate with you and respond to your requests or enquiries which Class On App may have received by you submitting contact forms on Class On App websites, attending Class On App events, sending an email to Class On App or by visiting social media platforms;
- To interact with you on third party social networks, or other web services where this information is matched against their databases to display more relevant information to you;
- If you choose to register with Class On App, such as to become a channel partner or as a customer or to receive Class On App services, to create and manage an account for you;
- To engage in transactions with you and to process your transactions, such as activating your subscription to a service or sending you invoices;
- To perform in terms of an agreement that you or your company have entered into with Class On App, such as providing you with the relevant Class On App offering, verifying your identity, taking payments and sending you necessary communications;
- To process activities necessary to perform or provide the Class On App services, such as testing and applying new products, patches and updates and resolving errors and other issues that you have reported to Class On App;
- To track or record your use of Class On App services, such as the version of Classonapp software or app you are using or the webinars you have attended;
- To communicate with you about any matters or information relating to Class On App services, such as new product releases and service developments, updates, events, special offers, promotions or requirements and benefits applicable to channel partners. This information may apply specifically to you or generally to all parties using those or related Class On App services. This may occasionally include information from other business partners about their products and services that can add value to Class On App services;
- To send you newsletters and notify you about blogs published on Class On App websites
Class On App websites may permit you to participate in interactive discussions, post content and engage in networking activities. Certain of your personal information, such as your name, may be visible to other participants. Class On App does not control the content that users post to these forums. You should carefully consider whether you wish to submit personal information to these forums.
- To help create and personalize content for you on Class On App websites and to facilitate and improve your use of the Class On App websites;
- To diagnose problems in respect of Class On App websites, to administer Class On App websites, to keep Class On App websites secure and to gather demographic information about the users of Class On App websites;
- To conduct surveys and market research in respect of various topics, such as Class On App’s customers or channel partners or their experience of Class On App services or the effectiveness of Class On App’s marketing campaigns or learning courses, to evaluate and improve the use, function and performance of Class On App services, marketing and sales campaigns and Class On App’s customer, channel partner and supplier relationships;
- As Class On App believes to be necessary or appropriate to protect you, Class On App’s employees and affiliates and other users of Class On App services, Class On App’s physical and online operations, Class On App’s property, Class On App’s rights and Class On App’s privacy and/or that of Class On App’s affiliates, you or others; and/or
- carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected from you.
Payment processing : When the Organizations make payments through Classonapp, the payments are processed by our third-party payment getways. The payment getways are solely responsible for handling Organizations’ payments. You agree not to hold us liable for payments that do not reach us because you have quoted incorrect payment information or the payment getways refused the payment for any other reason. Please note that the payment getways may collect some personal data, which allows them to process the payments (e.g., credit card details). The Payment Processors handle all the steps in the payment process on their websites, including data collection and data processing.
Additional data : We may receive certain additional data when submitted through Class On App’s if you participate in a focus group, contest, activity or event, request support, interact with our social media accounts, submit your feedback and reviews or otherwise communicate with us.
Sensitive data : We do not intentionally collect special categories of personal data (“sensitive data”), such as opinions about your religious and political beliefs, racial origins, membership of a professional or trade association, or information about sexual orientation. However, we may process students’ health-related information, if such data is submitted by the Organization as a part of the Records.
Failure to provide personal data : If you fail to provide us with the personal data when requested, we may not be able to perform the requested operation and you may not be able to use the full functionality of Class On App, receive the services provided through Class On App, or get our response.
5. NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
Types of non-personal data : When you use Class On App, we may automatically collect certain non-personal data about your use of Class On App and your device for analytics purposes. Such non-personal data does not allow us to identify you in any manner. The non-personal data collected by us includes information about:
- The type of your device;
- Operating systems and browsers used by you;
- Your timezone;
- You language;
- Your browsing patterns; and
- URL addresses of websites accessed from Class On App.
Your feedback : If you contact us, we may keep records of any questions, complaints or compliments made by you and the response, if any. Where possible, we will de-identify your personal data. Please note that de-identified personal data is also considered to be non-personal data.
Purposes of non-personal data : We will use non-personal data in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating Class On App, conducting our business activities, and developing new products and services. More specifically, we collect the non-personal data for the following purposes:
- To analyse what kind of users visit and use Class On App;
- To identify the channels through which Class On App is accessed and used;
- To examine the relevance, popularity, and engagement rate of the content available on Class On App;
- To identify and fix errors;
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse;
- To develop and provide additional features to Class On App; and
- To personalise Class On App for your specific needs.
Aggregated data : In case your non-personal data is combined with certain elements of your personal data in a way that allows us to identify you, we will handle such aggregated data as personal data. If your personal data is aggregated or de-identified in a way that it can no longer be associated with an identified or identifiable natural person, it will not be considered personal data and we may use it for any business purpose.
- Essential cookies. Necessary for the operation of the Site. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of user accounts, or offer Site features.
- Analytical/performance cookies. Allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and see how visitors move around the Site when using it. This helps us improve the way the Site works.
- Functionality cookies. Used to recognise you when you return to the Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. Record your visit to the Site, the pages you have visited, and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Site and the content more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Tracking cookies. Follow on-site behavior and tie it to other metrics allowing better understanding of usage habits.
- Optimization cookies. Allow real-time tracking of user conversion from different marketing channels to evaluate their effectiveness.
7. THE RECORDS AND COMMUNICATION DATA
Information provided in the Records : The Organizations can publish and share various information via the Records created or uploaded via Classon App. Depending on their type, the Records may become visible to the users of Classon App (e.g., to parents or students). Thus, we request the Organizations to exercise their due diligence when making available any personal data or other sensitive information in their Records. The Organizations are not allowed to submit the Records that contain personal data obtained in an illegitimate manner (e.g., without the consent of persons whose personal data is featured in the Records).
Communication data : We provide the Organizations with a possibility to communicate with parents, students, and teachers via SMS, email, mobile apps, notice boards, and events. We put reasonable efforts to ensure that the communication data transmitted through Classon App remains confidential and properly protected.
8. RETENTION PERIOD
9. SHARING AND DISCLOSING DATA
Do we share your personal data : If necessary, we may disclose your personal data to the service providers with whom we cooperate and other third parties (our data processors). For example, we may share your personal and non-personal data with entities that provide certain technical support services to us, such as Hosting and cloud storage service provider, Business analytics service provider, Email service providers, Marketing service providers, Software developing partner, Payment processing partners, or if you explicitly request us to disclose the personal data.
When do we share your personal data? : The disclosure of your personal data is limited to the situations when such data is required for the following purposes:
- Ensuring the operation of Class On App;
- Ensuring the delivery of the services requested by you;
- Providing you with local implementation assistance through our implementation partners;
- Providing you with the requested information;
- Pursuing our legitimate business interests;
- Enforcing our rights, preventing fraud, and security purposes;
- Carrying out our contractual obligations;
- Law enforcement purposes; or
- If you provide your prior consent to such a disclosure.
Our security measures : We put our best efforts to keep your personal data safe and secure. We implement Organizational and technical information security measures to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, and disclosure. The security measures taken by us include secured networks (we use SSL encryption), strong passwords, DDOS mitigation, limited access to your personal data by our staff, and anonymisation of personal data (when possible). In order to ensure the security of your personal data, we kindly ask you to use Classonapp and their services through a secure network only.
Handling security breaches : Although we put our best efforts to protect your personal data, given the nature of communications and information processing technology and the Internet, we cannot be liable for any unlawful destruction, loss, use, copying, modification, leakage, and falsification of your personal data caused by circumstances that are beyond our reasonable control.
11. YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING PERSONAL DATA
What rights do you have : Individuals located in certain countries rights in relation to their personal data. You may ask us to:
- Get a copy of your personal data that we store;
- Get a list of purposes for which your personal data is processed;
- Delete your personal data from our systems;
- Object and restrict processing of your personal data;
How to exercise your rights : If you would like to exercise your rights, please contact us by email at email@example.com and explain in detail your request.
Requests received from students, parents, alumni, and teachers : We act in the capacity of a data processor with regard to students’, parents’, alumni’s, and teachers’ personal data submitted by the Organizations via the Records. Therefore, we do not accommodate their requests related to access, rectification, and deletion of personal data and other rights the students, parents, alumni, or teachers may have. The persons that would like to exercise their rights with regard to the personal data processed by us are requested to contact the respective data controller (i.e., the Organization that uses our services to collect personal data). In case we receive such requests directly from such persons, we will not take action and inform the respective Organization without undue delay so that the Organization could act accordingly.
How to launch a complaint : If you would like to launch a complaint about the way in which we handle your personal data, we kindly ask you to contact us first and express your concerns. After you contact us, we will investigate your complaint and provide you with our response as soon as possible (Between 30 working days).
12. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
We contains links to websites and services that are owned, operated and controlled by third-party service providers. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy and security practices employed by such third parties. We encourage you to be aware when you leave Classon App in any way kindly read carefully the privacy statements of each and every website or service that you access.
We advise you to carefully scan every link before clicking on it to ensure the link is not infected and free of any kind of virus or malware that can damage your operating system or device. Even if you did scan the links you should take extra safety and security precautions before accessing those links and carefully assess the security of the website or service that you intend to use.
13. TERM, TERMINATION AND AMENDMENTS
Phone: +91 90237 90237
Office Address: Class On App, Smartway Media PVT. LTD. #85, Sunil Park Barewal Road, Ludhiana, Punjab – 141001, India